Tuesday 27 March 2012

St Patrick's Day (in Castle Hill)


I can count on one hand the number of pints of Guiness I've had in my life and I don't think that I've ever celebrated St Patrick's day before. That all changed this year when my friend from the whisky club Matt invited me to his St Patrick's day party.

There wasn't a person of Irish descent among us, but that didn't stop the festivities. With a glass of Kilkenny in hand (my preferred Irish beer) we had some awesome homemade sausages with bubble and squeak. I've never made my own sausages before and don't think I've seen it done either.

I'm really intrigued by the idea and have been looking at the grinding / sausage making attachments for my kMix. Somehow I think I might only ever use it once or twice which is holding me back.


It being an unofficial whisky club meeting, there was a bottle of Irish whisky on hand. I also tried some Irish cream as well. Definitely more of a fan of the whisky than the Irish cream!

Have you made your own sausages?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.